[Linphone-users] any way to prioritize audio over video

From: Gelonida N
Subject: [Linphone-users] any way to prioritize audio over video
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:04:36 +0200

I'm running linphone on an EEPC under Windows.
When establishing a video call the voice is often chopped or even drops out fir a few seconds.

I have the impression, that BW changes in the network result in package loss and impact the voice. SKype in the same NW situations however does not have these audio drops.

What would be the best way to debug the setup and identify the exact reason. TX-congestion / packet loss in the network / CPU issues / . . .

I wonder whether there is any trick to prioritize audio over video.
I'd prefer image degradation over voice degradation.

Does anybody have some advice on tuning Linphone and Windows network parameters to prioritize audio over video.