Re: [Linphone-users] behind company firewall

From: Gelonida N
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] behind company firewall
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:13:34 +0200

On 06/19/2012 09:58 AM, Peter Čendula wrote:
Hi,

I'm on WLAN in my company, where I have to use proxy.zhaw.ch:8080
<http://proxy.zhaw.ch:8080> to access internet. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.

But linphone cannot register at my SIP provider. How can I tell linphone
to use our proxy server? Btw. my SIP provider doesn't support STUN,so is
there other solution/

Up to my knowledge SIP cannot work through a web proxy.

If you're behind a typical corporate firewall with a web proxy only, then I think you're stuck.

You might try to drill holes into the firewall with applications like corkscrew / etc.

However depending on your company policy this might be a reason to get fired.