[Linphone-users] codecs

From: Edouard DULIEGE
Subject: [Linphone-users] codecs
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 17:52:35 -0400

Hi,

I'd like to learn more about the audio codecs used by Linphone on iPhone, and how Linphone deals with them. I've searched on the website but I didn't find anything relevant.

Basically here are my questions :

How does Linphone chooses the codec ? does it have a clue about the bandwidth available or should I specify it myself ? If I turn all the codecs on, how will Linphone choose the codec it will use ? If my bandwidth is restricted (3G network), which codec should I use ? or will Linphone choose by itself a suitable codec ?

Thank you very much !

Best,

Edouard

--