Re: [Linphone-users] Fwd: My first post (codec question)

From: Daniel Sokolowski
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Fwd: My first post (codec question)
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 20:44:43 -0400

Dropped sound like an issue with your SIP provider rather then linphone, have you tried other voip clients and what were the results ?

On 02/07/2012 20:37, John White wrote:
Afraid I sent this earlier to wrong address. Here it is again, with apologies.

I don't know what codecs to use to prevent linphone from dropping calls and to enhance voice quality. I have a pretty fast internet connection through charter.net. I use usb headphones. My system is slackware linux. My computer is a samsung laptop (Vector Linux 7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511 S03). I downloaded linphone 3.5.2 from the vector repositories. I use diamondcard.us for phone calls.

I have tried various combinations of codecs but none seem to work very well. Best so far seems to be PCMU and PCMA by themselves (only) but that doesn't seem to work reliably.

I would appreciate a suggestion of what codecs I should have activated and what order to have them in.