Re: [Linphone-users] No video codec available

From: Daniel v. Wachter
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] No video codec available
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:56:59 -0400

Am 14.07.2012 14:53, schrieb Felix Lechner:

> Daniel,
>
> I do not use OpenSUSE, but I have built Linphone for Ubuntu. For the
> built-in codecs, 'configure.ac <http://configure.ac>' scripts look for
> the development libraries with statements such as:
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/videodev.h linux/videodev2.h)
>
> This is one check that would disable video entirely.

I'm afraid, I need one more hint what this means about what I should do.
Should I look into some file, or should I install some package, or both,
or something else?

I have libvpx installed and many packages with ‘libx264’, because I have
installed every package that contains ‘264’ and is not obviously
irrelevant.

I have seen that there are plugins at
http://www.linphone.org/eng/download/. It says ‘We provide [the
following] codec plugins’. I don't know whether that means that they are
contained in Linphone or that I need to install them – and if the
latter, how. All this seems to require quite much more than ordinarly
user knowledge.

In the dark,
Daniel