[Linphone-users] headset answer plugin (or "answer" IPC API)

From: David Mansfield
Subject: [Linphone-users] headset answer plugin (or "answer" IPC API)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 14:20:09 -0400

Hi,

I have a headset with an "answer" key. The key currently doesn't work for anything in linux, but looking at the raw HID data I can see some bytes coming over that I could recognize with a perl script, c program or whatever to do something with.

What I'd like to do is answer an incoming linphone call with that button. Is there a way for an external program to signal the linphone GUI to answer a call (much the way linphonecsh communicates with a linphone daemon)? Alternatively is it possible to write a plugin / .so file to perform some additional functionality within the linphone application itself? Maybe a D-Bus api? Some other inter-process-communication layer I don't know about?

A further twist is that I'm usually working within a remote desktop environment, so all keyboard events are getting captured and sent to the remote machine (and linphone is running locally), so doing this via an X keyboard event would be worse than one of the previously outlined solutions.

Thanks,
David Mansfield

P.S linphone is definitely the best soft-phone I've tried on linux. Great work!