Re: [Linphone-users] Bugreport: Invalid use of CRLF as keep alive on UDP

From: Mikael Magnusson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Bugreport: Invalid use of CRLF as keep alive on UDP connection
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 21:06:27 +0200

On 09/10/2012 08:27 PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
Linphone 3.3.2 sends UDP packets of length 4, containing double CRLF assume as keep alive method. These are invalid SIP packets, since a double CRLF is only ignored by a SIP server when received over connection oriented transport protocols like TCP and STCP.

An alternative keep alive method should be used instead, preferably OPTIONS when needed.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5626#section-3.5.1

Regards,
Mikael

I was wrong, the keep alive packets contains "jaK\0" and not CRLF. Is this a standardized keep alive method for UDP? Where can I read about it?

/Mikael