Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone for Blackberry OS 6

From: Guillaume Beraudo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone for Blackberry OS 6
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 09:21:00 +0100

Hi Kannan,

I understand your frustration.
Unfortunately, BB OS 6 is a stupid regression for voip applications as
it uses hudge buffers which imply a 3s delay when playing audio streams.
See this piece of news:
http://www.linphone.org/eng/linphone/news/linphone-for-blackberry-1.0.1.html

There will be no further development for BB OS 6 due to this limitation.

Concerning BB OS 7, it works nicely and a new release will be available
in the near future, bringing security stuff (TLS and srtp) and chat
messenging.

Everything is available right now in git tree.

Cheers,

Guillaume

ps: I fixed the crash on BB OS 6, however you will experience delay.
ps2: of course we accept patches