Re: [Linphone-users] Is there a way to debug registration process on And

From: Guillaume Beraudo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Is there a way to debug registration process on Android?
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:49:17 +0100

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 04:11:18PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> OK.
> But noteworthy here is the fact that the SII was working when I
> initially installed the 2.002 version from Google play.

Had you configured SIP TLS when using the Linphone 1.x version?
Upgrading to 2.02 may still have kept this setting, explaining why it
was working then but not now.
When you installed the daily snapshots you erased all your settings.

You may try to install using f-droid then update to 2.02 from play.

> As I was a bit annoyed that the speaker cannot be activated as long
> the called party hasn't reached I thought it would be worth to give
> the daily build a try.

I see, I will speak about this to the team.

> From that on no version of Linphone worked anymore. And with chance
> other testers might be affected as well, so I thought it's worth to
> understand what is wrong here.
> If there are issue with IP Stacks on SII, are there any plans to add
> more debug information to newer builds to find the cause of these
> problems?
> As the device is rooted, does it makes sense to use ping or
> traceroute or do some specific network tests?

I heard it is low level stuff involving Linux iptable and "sip alg".

You can try to tcpdump the traffic and check that it is flowing as
expected. You can do the same on the fritzbox.

Cheers,

Guillaume