[Linphone-users] [Q] Headset detected for Output but not for Inputs

From: Kowalski, Francois-Xavier
Subject: [Linphone-users] [Q] Headset detected for Output but not for Inputs
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:49:00 +0000

Hello Linphone users,

I have a have a Plantronics C620-M headset (with a microphone). It is
successfully detected & used by Linphone on OSX 10.8.3 as an output device, but
not as an input device. Here is the ~.linphonerc following the auto-detection.

[sound]
playback_dev_id=AudioUnit: Plantronics C620-M
ringer_dev_id=AudioUnit: Plantronics C620-M
capture_dev_id=AudioUnit: Plantronics C620-M
echocancellation=0
remote_ring=./share/sounds/linphone/ringback.wav
local_ring=/Applications/Linphone.app/Contents/Resources/share/sounds/linphone/rings/oldphone.wav

Forcing it into ~/.linphonerc does not help fixing the issue.

The headset otherwise works fine with Skype (both input & output), so I believe
that the headset or OSX are not the culprit here.

Anyone having a clue on how to fix this? Is there any information (e.g. USB
info…) that I can provide to help fixing that?

Thanks in advance for any Idea.

--FiX