Re: [Linphone-users] Error Compiling 3.6.1 with Video Support in Puppy L

From: Genghis Khan
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Error Compiling 3.6.1 with Video Support in Puppy Linux
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:22:05 -0400

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:08:16 -0700
John White <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jim Diamond wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 15:50 (+0100), Oscar Talks wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Everyone,
> >> I am trying to compile the 3.6.1 release tarball in Puppy Linux (I
> >> have tried both the Slackware 14.0 and Debian Wheezy variants) and
> >> if I try to --enable-video I get this error:-
> > No idea about immature and/or asthmatic Linux distributions, but for
> > what it's worth I had no problems getting it to compile on Slackware
> > 14.0 (64-bit).
> >
> > If you are interested in the Slackware version you could let me know
> > what didn't work for you. No promises, but I might be able to help.
> >
> > Jim

> Jim, I tried slackware 3.6.1 (via slackbuilds.org, 13.37) and other
> than crashing when I "enable self view" the problem is that Linphone
> takes about a half hour to load (I have over 300 addresses in
> linphonerc). That, being too long, I am still using the old reliable
> Twinkle.
>
> So if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them. I have
> been thinking about taking the phone numbers out of linphonerc and
> just collecting all the addresses in a txt file. Then search the txt
> file and past into linphone. But Twinkle, cumbersome as it is, still
> seems easier than doing all that.

A better temporary solution is to use xdg-open command to make use
of a SIP address, in places outside of Linphone. Sadly, this is not
working for me with Linphone.

You should add to ~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list

 x-scheme-handler/sip=linphone.desktop

Run this command: $ xdg-open sip:address@hidden

It does not work for me. You might get lucky, though.

If this is not working for you, create a new desktop file at
~/.local/share/applications/linphone-call.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Call SIP Address
Comment=Call a given SIP address using Linphone Softphone
Exec=linphone --call %u
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/linphone/linphone.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Network;Telephony;
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/sip;
StartupNotify=true

Add to ~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list

 x-scheme-handler/sip=linphone-call.desktop

Try now.