Re: [Linphone-users] Error Compiling 3.6.1 with Video Support in Puppy L

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Error Compiling 3.6.1 with Video Support in Puppy Linux
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 20:44:47 -0300

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:08 (-0700), John White wrote:

> Jim Diamond wrote:
>>On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 15:50 (+0100), Oscar Talks wrote:

>>>Hello Everyone,
>>>I am trying to compile the 3.6.1 release tarball in Puppy Linux (I have
>>>tried both the Slackware 14.0 and Debian Wheezy variants) and if I try to
>>>--enable-video I get this error:-
>>No idea about immature and/or asthmatic Linux distributions, but for
>>what it's worth I had no problems getting it to compile on Slackware
>>14.0 (64-bit).

>>If you are interested in the Slackware version you could let me know
>>what didn't work for you.  No promises, but I might be able to help.

> Jim, I tried slackware 3.6.1 (via slackbuilds.org, 13.37) and other
> than crashing when I "enable self view" the problem is that Linphone
> takes about a half hour to load (I have over 300 addresses in
> linphonerc).  That, being too long, I am still using the old reliable
> Twinkle.

> So if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them.   I have
> been thinking about taking the phone numbers out of linphonerc and
> just collecting all the addresses in a txt file.  Then search the txt
> file and past into linphone.  But Twinkle, cumbersome as it is, still
> seems easier than doing all that.

John,

I should have looked back at the previous messages in this thread,
since your problem is not so much compiling (on slackware), but
running.

I have not seen any delay starting up linphone, but I have only a few
addresses in linphonerc.

I have no solution, but I have two questions:
(1) Is it safe to assume that you have tried removing most of the
    numbers and observing that linphone starts quickly?
(2) If you have had any luck getting a version on another distro,
    does it also take a long time to start up there?

                                Jim