Re: [Linphone-users] Add MimeType entry to desktop file (utilise Xdg)

From: Genghis Khan
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Add MimeType entry to desktop file (utilise Xdg)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:39:31 +0200

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 23:49:02 -0700
John White <address@hidden> wrote:

> Genghis Khan wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:22:12 -0700
> > John White <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> This worked well....Linphone now opens from the GUI. Must admit I
> >> had to give up on MenuLibre as it apparently requires slackware 14.
> >> Vector is working on that now.
> >>
> > Please ignore my proposal concerning to MenuLibre as it is merely a
> > Desktop Launcher editor and does not support editing of Desktop
> > Launchers of Link Types, as it seems, nor it support editing of
> > reordering menu categories.
> >
> >> As to the slow loading, that problem is solved (I took all the
> >> "friends" out of linphonerc. However, I now have to copy and paste
> >> contact info (phone numbers), so that's a bummer. I am looking at
> >> faster ways to do this.
> >>
> > Did you try to execute (double click) the Desktop Launcher I
> > attached?
> Yes, it worked fine far as I know. I can now launch linphone from
> Applications>VoIP.

If you can, then I think this message of mine is unnecessary :-P

> > Would you like to use your system menu to manage your contacts?
> I think so. I have saved the old Friends list from linphonerc to a
> text file. I open that file, search for the name, copy the phone
> number, paste it into linphone and then dial the number. Most
> anything would be better than this.

Sure. Please follow the instructions below:

1) Create a directory ~/.local/share/desktop-directories/
2) Extract voip.directory to ~/.local/share/desktop-directories/
3) Extract xfce-applications.menu to ~/.config/menus/
4) Extract address@hidden to ~/.local/share/share/applications/
5) Open Applications Menu of Xfce.

Have fun!

Xfce 4.10: Applications Menu launches a web browser instead - BUG!

* I have attached a patch so you can examine differences between my
* system menu (xfce-applications.menu.origin) file to the one I have
* edited (xfce-applications.menu).

> > Which Desktop Environment are you using?
> xfce4

Yay! I use Xfce, too.

--
Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper