Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone PPA precise 3.6.1

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone PPA precise 3.6.1
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 12:05:58 -0700

Sorry, Julius. I sent my comment just to you to see what you think.

If 3.6.1 works for anybody, apt version pinning may be acceptable when it does not.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Julius Schwartzenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
Ilya Melnikov wrote:

>  5 sep 2013, 20:58 +02:00 от Julius Schwartzenberg <address@hidden>:
>> For now, maybe you could use Felix' PPA which seems to have 3.5.2
> It's not necessary for me. I have 3.5.2 in localrepo.
> I can not afford to enable autoupdate from PPAs on hundred machines
> in our organization. Just for this reasons - that will be autoinstalled broken
> version. So I make a copy of PPAs to localrepo and machines get updates
> from this repo.
>
> I ask to rollback PPA for other users. Some my contacts using it.

I added a note to the PPA description about the problem with the
suggestion to pin it from Felix' mail.

>> Now you're the only one who responded to me about these
>> packages.
> Support via maillists discourages many people from bugreporting.
>
>> I suppose more feedback would need to be collected
>> somehow though.
> I wrote common info in bug report. Nobody didn't ask nothing more.

Where did you find a Linphone bugtracker? :)

>> Do you see any messages printed on stderr/stdout when running Linphone 3.6 btw?
> There is no nothing interesting on console.
> Found error message in debug window:
><

Nothing which seems really obviously wrong. I guess the real problem can
be fixed when someone with this hardware can do a regression test.

Julius