Re: [Linphone-users] Linphonec errors on Debian build

From: Charles Hamilton
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphonec errors on Debian build
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:08:53 -0400

A follow-up to my prior message. I forgot to give you the debug window log. Here it is:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6129095/

Thanks again!
Charles

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Charles Hamilton <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your follow-up.

To clarify, the problem with the Debian wheezy build on my Beaglebone Black is the video self-view, which seems to drag with exceptional latenc6. Here are the various things I've tried to get Linphone working:

Image size - I've tried both qcif (176x144) and 320 x 240 to minimize resources
Codecs/Audio - speex 16000, speex 8000
Codecs/Video - I've tried many, if not all, of the codecs. That's less of a problem, though, than the fact that self-view video seems to be playing back at around 2 fps. Some background on this:
Webcams -- I've tried many different types of webcams, and the video latency is the same on this Linphone debian wheezy build. I've settled on a model that uses a generic UVC driver set, and it seems to be best suited across multiple OSes, builds, and chat pkgs.
Other sip/voip/video chat pkgs -- Ekiga, Gajim, Jitsi all playback on video self-view is very smooth without latency
Ubuntu on Beaglebone Black with pre-compiled Linphone 3.3.2 pkg -- Video playback with self-view is perfectly fine, although the connected/call stream is very slow.

I know you and your team are very busy, and try your best to respond to queries and bug reports on the lists.

However, if you might steer me in the right direction on getting Debian Wheezy working, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks again, Guillaume.
Charles