Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.6.1 Ubuntu nVidia

From: Ilya Melnikov
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.6.1 Ubuntu nVidia
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:31:53 +0400

30 sep 2013, 10:37 UTC от "Kowalski, Francois-Xavier" <address@hidden>:
> Vbox OpenGL guest driver for Linux is utterly broken

Many other OpenGL apps works fine in VirtualBox.
So in this case issue is in Linphone. I noticed that Linphone doesn't work in VB
because I think it can help to solve this issue.
And I think if I have Intel video card then probably Linphone could work in VB.
But I have nVidia video card. VB opengl video driver (on the guest)
sends textures to nVidia opengl video driver (on the host).
This results black screen in VB same as on the host.

30 sep 2013, 11:21 +02:00 от Guillaume Beraudo <address@hidden>:
> The opengl renderer is indeed broken.

It would be better if user can switch renderer at runtime.
By selecting in options (between xv, OpenGL, xrender...). Or at least by
command line switch.

--
Ilya Melnikov