[Linphone-users] Problems with missing audio devices.

From: Tracy Briscoe
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problems with missing audio devices.
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 01:13:12 +0000

Hi

Our staff have Bluetooth handsets/headsets paired with their laptops for use with LinPhone.

We have a couple of issues with this setup.

1)  If not on a call, and handset disconnects and reconnects to the laptop, LinPhone doesn’t reconnect the capture device, but does reconnect the Playback device to the handset.  If on a call and the handset disconnects and reconnects neither the capture device nor the playback device are reconnected to continue the call.

2) If the Bluetooth handset is not when LinPhone opens, but is turned on afterwards, LinPhone uses the internal speakers and microphone on the laptop rather than the handset. However if LinPhone is then quit and reopened it will use the handset – the preferred audio device settings are not lost.

So it would be great if LinPhone would: check to see if the preferred audio devices are available when placing and receiving calls and use the preferred audio device if they are available;  and to gracefully deal with cases where the preferred audio device disappears.

We are using LinPhone 3.6.1 on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Regards,

Mr Tracy Briscoe

Network Engineer

St Peter's School, Cambridge, Private Bag 884, Cambridge 3450, New Zealand

P +64 7 827 9899 ext 254  l  F +64 7 827 9812

www.stpeters.school.nz

Note: This communication may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the addressee named above. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author. If you have received this message in error, we request you delete the message and notify the sender. Please do not distribute, copy or disclose any information. This e-mail has been scanned for viruses but all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment or message is excluded.

St Peter's School, Cambridge, New Zealand
Telephone: 647 827 9899 Fax: 647 827 9812
Website: www.stpeters.school.nz