[Linphone-users] My proposed post to the Linphone Blog re SIP

From: cm0untru
Subject: [Linphone-users] My proposed post to the Linphone Blog re SIP
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:20:13 -0500

Hi,

I hope that sending this email is the proper way to make a post. I cannot find a web address to log in. If there is a url to log in, please let me know.

HERE IS MY PROPOSED POST...

I installed SIP app "Linphone" on the Nokia 920.
I am able to connect a call from a land line to the SIP on the phone.

The SIP indicates registered, and this is confirmed on the Telnamobile
wifi credentials page; nevertheless, something is wrong.

I am unable to connect a call from the SIP to a land line.
On the phone, the SIP displays for less than one second:
"dialing 1(561)address@hidden" (I've tried with and without the country code.)
The rest of message, i.e., "..." is obscured.
The landline does not ring, and no entry is made in the telnamobile.com log.

In the SIP, I have set 'settings' as follows:
        User: (found in 'credentials' of your mytelna account)
        Server: telna.net
        Password: (found in 'credentials' of your mytelna account)

In the SIP 'advanced settings' there are parameters for
        Transport:  UDP or TCP or TLS
        Firewall policy:  none or ICE or STUN
        Stun Server:
It does not seem to matter what value is set for Firewall policy or Stun Server.
Calling from landline to the mobile SIP, works only with Transport: UDP.
Calling from the mobile SIP to landline, does not work regardless of parameters.

I tried 'outbound proxy' "on", and I tried "off", with no success.

The failure seems to be that SIP never actually makes contact with telna.net.

Can you make a suggestion?

Best regards,
Craig M.