Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone does not send Accept header with SUBSCRIBE

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone does not send Accept header with SUBSCRIBE request
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 01:46:53 +0100

Hi John,

The bug tracker is not much used but you have an answer fast!
You email to address@hidden was also discarded, I guess you
didn't register to the mailing list before.

https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?108455

The Accept header should be added by linphone between
eXosip_subscribe_build_initial_request and eXosip_subscribe_send_initial_request:

1/step 1:
eXosip_subscribe_build_initial_request (&subscribe, url, identity, proxy_route, event, expires);

2/step2:
osip_message_set_header (subscribe, "Accept", "application/pidf+xml");

3/step3:
eXosip_subscribe_send_initial_request(subscribe);

Regards
Aymeric

2013/12/12 John <address@hidden>
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Name1 Name2 <address@hidden> wrote:
> When using Linphone with an Asterisk server, all contacts will appear
> offline even if they are online. From what I can tell, this is because
> Linphone does not send an Accept header with it's SUBSCRIBE request.
> The following warning appears within Asterisk's log:
> WARNING[55098]: chan_sip.c:25470 handle_request_subscribe: SUBSCRIBE
> failure: no Accept header: pvt: stateid: -1, laststate: 0, dialogver:
> 0, subscribecont: '', subscribeuri: ''
>

> Here's an example request from the debug log:
> SUBSCRIBE sip:<sip address> SIP/2.0
> Via: SIP/2.0/TLS <ip address>;rport;branch=z9hG4bK181354668
> From: <sip address>;tag=985811448
> To: <sip address>
> Call-ID: 610322766
> CSeq: 20 SUBSCRIBE
> Contact: <sip:<sip address>;transport=tls>
> Max-Forwards: 70
>
> The Accept header isn't there. Is there a way to work around this and
> have Linphone send a valid header?

Was able to fix this. For anyone else experiencing this: the issue is
within the exosip library. Fixed by adding this line to
eXosip_subscribe_build_initial_request in eXsubscription_api.c just
above the return statement:
osip_message_set_header (*sub, "Accept", "application/pidf+xml");

Submitted a bug report and patch file here, but it doesn't look like
the bug tracker is used much:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?108455