Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on Nexus 4 - Microphone gain issue

From: Adam Slade
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on Nexus 4 - Microphone gain issue
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:44:51 -0400

Hi Sylvain,
       I installed linphone-latest.apk and ran some experiments adjusting mic gain to various levels (-20, -10,-5, 0) in the config file.  The issue still remains.  Essentially, the nexus 4 mic is acting as if its recording a video and picking up all the ambient sound.  The call is acceptable in areas with no ambient sound but once there is any noise around you the phone call is unbearable for the listener. Nexus 4 users were able to fix the same issue in Csipsimple by using csip's native audio troubleshooter which allowed selecting "in-call" audio mode.

Thanks for the quick reply,
Adam