Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Ubuntu PPA

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Ubuntu PPA
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 19:40:45 -0700

The new license looks acceptable to me, but you should make sure your code matches what's in WebRTC.

There may also be some technical benefits: First, the IETF version was slow. I heard rumors that better implementations exist. Perhaps GIPS released an improved version. Second, the IETF version allows the implementor to choose a frame size. That was fixed at compilation and caused an issue with Sipphone, for example. WebRTC probably standardized the frame size.

The license I sent earlier doesn't seem to be available on the iLBC website any longer. GIPS was acquired by Google in 2010.

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Ilya Melinikov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Saturday 17 May 2014 11:47:33 Felix Lechner wrote:
> I looked through your iLBC source package. Did you get the code from the
> WebRTC project?

No. I used rfc3951 implementation. Linphone plugin use it:
https://www.linphone.org/eng/download/git.html
git clone git://git.linphone.org/libilbc-rfc3951.git

> Last I looked iLBC was licensed under the attached document. The
> registration requirement for commercial users

I didn't found any words about license in source files. On the original site
(http://www.ilbcfreeware.org/) only this:
http://www.ilbcfreeware.org/copyright.html

Where ware these registration requirements? In IETF rfc3951?

--
Ilya Melinikov