Re: [Linphone-users] how to install belle-sip-1.3.0 package on the ubunt

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] how to install belle-sip-1.3.0 package on the ubuntu 14.04 64bit?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 02:17:18 +0200

At 10:27h, on Saturday, June 21, 2014,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "[Linphone-users] how to install belle-sip-1.3.0 package on
the ubuntu 14.04 64bit?",
Kl Trm asked --

 > Present is package 'libglew-dev'. Can I use that one

You can use it if if provides libglew headers from version 1.6 or greater.

Assuming the packatge is installed, do a

       dpkg -p libglew-dev

and look at the line shewing provides and/or from which source and version it
is derived.

In fact on Linux Mint 16 [ which is derived from Ubuntu 13.10] I see

Package: libglew-dev
Section: libdevel
Installed-Size: 1004
Origin: Ubuntu
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <address@hidden>
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Architecture: i386
Multi-Arch: same
Source: glew
Version: 1.9.0.is.1.8.0-0ubuntu2
Provides: libglew1.5-dev, libglew1.6-dev

so it is adequate for a 1.6 version requirement

 > I have tried to install the 'belle-sip-1.3.0' package. When I run
 > ./configure, I get
 > this error message 'configure: error: libupnp >= 1.6 > 1.5
 > required'. Is that error related to the not present 'libglew1.6-dev'?

No it is not.  It is telling your that libunp version 1.6 or greater is required
but that the version on the system is only version 1.5

 > Is there a workaround?

You could install a newer version of libunp (viz 1.6) in /usr/local and make
sure that
PKG_CONFIG_PATH points to /usr/local paths before the Ubuntu standard /usr
paths,
eg

 PKG_CONFIG_PATH="\
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:\
/usr/local/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:\
/usr/lib/${arch_library}/pkgconfig:\
/usr/lib/pkgconfig:\
/usr/share/pkgconfig\
"
 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH

where ${arch_library} is the value appropriate to your architecture as
determined by, eg

 machine="`uname -m`"

 case "${machine}" in
      "armv5tel")  arch_library="arm-linux-gnueabi"   ;;
        "armv7l")  arch_library="arm-linux-gnueabihf" ;;
          "i686")  arch_library="i386-linux-gnu"      ;;
        "x86_64")  arch_library="x86_64-linux-gnu"    ;;
               *)  arch_library=""                    ;;
 esac

However all of that is in fact unecessary because libupnp 1.6 is available for
Ubuntu 14.04 because one of the versions available for Linux Mint 16 [ which is
derived from Ubuntu 13.10]
the version six months before 14.04,

Package: libupnp-dev
Section: universe/libdevel
Installed-Size: 35
Origin: Ubuntu
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <address@hidden>
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Architecture: all
Source: libupnp
Version: 1:1.6.17-1.2
Depends: libupnp6-dev (>= 1:1.6.17-1.2)
Filename: pool/universe/libu/libupnp/libupnp-dev_1.6.17-1.2_all.deb

So for some reason you have the older 1.5 installed and not the required newer
1.6

 > Can I config linphone, so is does not require the libupnp
 > file or package?

You can usually easily find this type of information by doing

        ./configure --help

and looking at the lines  --enable-{feature} / --disable-{feature}
to see if it is an optional feature which can be turned on/off.