Re: [Linphone-users] Config file and playback_gain_db

From: Lorrin
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Config file and playback_gain_db
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:35:50 +0200

Ok, I got some more info on this, and the situation is as follows:

* linphonec uses the config file by default
* linphonec running as a daemon (via linphonecsh init) doesn't use the config file by default. You need to add it as a parameter: "linphonecsh init -c ~/.linphonerc"

But the issue I'm having seems to be related to the specific version of linphone.
With linphonec version 3.5.2, the configuration file parameter work, but with 3.6.1. it doesn't.

After i run: "linphonecsh init -c ~/.linphonerc", i get this:

address@hidden ~]# linphonecsh init -c ~/.linphonerc
address@hidden ~]# ps aux | grep linphonec
root      3846 25.0  1.4 146436  7024 ?        Ssl  12:33   0:00 linphonec --pipe -c /dev/null -c /root/.linphonerc

So it would seem everything is ok. But actually, it didn't read any of the settings from the configuration file.
To verify, I try to read a configuration I am sure is contained in the config file:

address@hidden ~]# linphonecsh generic "param sound local_ring"
current value: (undef)

Why is it not reading the configuration file? Is this a bug/regression?

Best regards!