[Linphone-users] Event notification via pop-up on MS-Windows

From: Christian Huetter
Subject: [Linphone-users] Event notification via pop-up on MS-Windows
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:35:48 +0200

Hi,

after a well-known, now MS-based communications client (the one
starting with "S") has worsened its Linux-support once again, I
finally convinced our company to switch to SIP for internal
communications (yay!).

Now I am facing the following problem: on a Windows machine with
no audio output, we want to get a pop-up notification for
incoming calls and chat messages. To my big surprise, there seems
to be no such option in Linphone's configuration menu. The same
question was asked some months back on this list, but not
answered (not for a Windows host, anyways).

Now to my questions:
1. Is there a way to get pop-up notifications for these events on
   a Windows computer?
2. If not, I would like to request this as a new feature.
   Unfortunately, while I might be able to provide a patch for
   the Linux version, I have no way to enhance the Windows
   variant. As I don't want to lose the momentum for our
   transition away from S****, my second question is: how could I
   speed up the implementation of this feature? While my company
   has the typical company-like "we want it for no cost"
   attitude, I'd be more than willing to donate money, or, if my
   abilities allow it, a Linux based patch in exchange.

Cheers,
Chris