[Linphone-users] Linphone not responding when launched from Java

From: Adam Granger
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone not responding when launched from Java
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 13:25:55 -0100

Greetings,

I'm developing an application (written in Java) which amongst other things
launches Linphone with a reconfigured linephonerc.

I'm encountering a problem where after a few interactions the linphone
application locks up with the classic windows hour glass/spinner and no
longer responds to input, it un-freezes when I quit my application and
then responds normally. This is fairly reproducible.

My question is what could I be doing wrong?

I'm launching it using ProcessBuilder in Java 8u11 on a separate Thread
using something like this:

   ProcessBuilder builder = new ProcessBuilder("c:\program
files\linphone\bin\linphone.exe")
   builder.directory("c:\program files\linphone");
   builder.redirectErrorStream();
   builder.start();

I then have a loop when consumes any standard output with BufferedReader
and saves to a log file, it never seems to output anything though. Also
I've noticed the linphone.exe exits and spawns a new background process.

I've seen this problem on both Windows XP and Windows 7 using LinPhone 3.7.0

Regards,

Adam.