[Linphone-users] Embedding liblinphone into a Java Desktop application?

From: Adam Granger
Subject: [Linphone-users] Embedding liblinphone into a Java Desktop application?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:01:14 -0100

I've just been looking at
http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/liblinphone/overview. It's not
clear to me whether the Java bindings can be used to embed linphone into a
Java Swing or Java FX application - which I wish to do. The only support
seems to be android based.

I've searched lots onlne but can't find any examples of linphone working
in a Java SE environment.

It appears that the mediastreamer2 only offers android support
http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/mediastreamer2/overview. How
tightly coupled is this to Android, what sort of level of effort would be
involved in supporting embedding in a JPanel for example?

Does anyone know if this is possible and other any advice?

Many thanks.

Adam.