[Linphone-users] Building mediastreamer2 on Windows

From: Matt Harvey
Subject: [Linphone-users] Building mediastreamer2 on Windows
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:44:22 -0500

Hi mailing list,

I've been trying to build a very simple application using mediastreamer2 on Windows. On Linux I can get the application to work exactly as I want.

On Windows my experience is more limited. I've tried using cygwin to get the build working in basically the same way I do on Linux (cmake out of tree, make, make install), but it seems that I did this by disabling support for a whole bunch of optional dependencies using cmake (I had to edit CMakeCache.txt to turn off x11 and other options, and then couldn't find any options to turn on DirectShow or anything like that). So when I use the resulting dll, the default sound card manager has no cards (m->cards is NULL in ms_snd_card_manager_get_default_playback_card), and thus I can't make use of my sound card (I have a speaker attached to my webcam on the computer, and a mic port where nothing is plugged in) and the entire application fails.

In the README file, instructions for building using VS 2010 are provided. I followed those, but when building I get several errors.
For the oRTP project, I get a whole bunch of errors about not being able to find ortp-config.h (the file is included in the project. I can't fathom why it can't find it).
For the mediastreamer2 project I get a whole bunch of errors about ffmpeg (I'm pretty sure I put the includes for ffmpeg in the correct directory). Some samples are:
2>c:\cygwin\home\maharvey\src\mediastreamer2_build\linphone-deps\include\libavutil\common.h(69): error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'inline'
2>c:\cygwin\home\maharvey\src\mediastreamer2_build\linphone-deps\include\libavutil\common.h(70): error C2085: 'av_log2_c' : not in formal parameter list
2>c:\cygwin\home\maharvey\src\mediastreamer2_build\linphone-deps\include\libavutil\common.h(70): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

I'm not sure which one of these approaches is the correct one, and how to get either approach to work. If anyone could offer some insight into this that would be great!

Thank you very much
Matt