Re: [Linphone-users] no audio - linphone on android

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] no audio - linphone on android
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:23:26 +0100

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 1:46 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> hello linphone-users
>
> I hope my post is to the correct group etc. My apologies if I am
> posting/emailing incorrectly and please advise if so.
>
> My query to the great and knowledgeable out there, is to ask what I
> might do, change, check and so forth, to get audio in a SIP call to
> work on android linphone.
>
> Latest linphone installed from 'G. play store'.
>
> Android phone is Huawei G500 Pro (U8836D)
>
> Android version is ICS 4.0.4  Kernel 3.0.13
>

> I can set up SIP calls fine.  Indeed if I enable video, that works fine
> too!  The only thing not working is audio at both ends of a call.
>
> i.e. recipient cannot hear me and I cannot hear them.

Something similar may happen if there is no audio codec interesection,
i.e. both you, the other caller, and the SIP server have enabled and
support one given audio codec. Have you tried checking in both cases
that the same audio codec is enabled, *and* that the SIP servers
suports? I'd suggest testing with the Linphone SIP service to
troubleshoot such issues.

Regards,
Liviu