[Linphone-users] JACK support and anti-bot solution

From: Sergey Kondakov
Subject: [Linphone-users] JACK support and anti-bot solution
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:37:28 +0500

Hello. I'm a new Linphone user.

    Recently I set my mind on finding a free multi-platform audio conferencing software for my buddies and for my distribution (https://github.com/v-fox/live_opensuse_hsf), after some testing attempts with SFLPhone, Blink, Jitsi, Yate-Qt4, Ekiga and Linphone I came to conclusion that Linphone provides the best balance of features and stability. However, it's 2 deficiencies came to attention:
1) Lack of JACK support.
    JACK is the low-latency and/or realtime processing engine which features are useful and do work as expected, unlike PulseAudio's which i still don't quite understand why do we need. A proper fit for realtime audio transfer.
2) Lack of protection against rogue calls.
    In the first day that I set Linphone to be my default SIP client and put it into tray at least 3 calls with numbers "22" and "99", screwed up non-visible names and supposedly originating from my own local IP (WTF?) were received. On "answering" there were only silence. I've search and found this kind of explanations: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28035253-Receiving-calls-from-name-number-100-that-don-t-get-logged
I planning on using SIP primarily for P2P chats with my buddies, so i don't actually need accounts or legacy, numbered caller IDs. but what anyone doesn't need it's fake calls from port scans. I hoped that useless calls are a thing of the past when I threw away my stationary phone and have put mobile on "silent" permanently.
    Ignoring and/or having a "silent" mode for anyone not in my contact list would be a simple but useful workaround.

Groups and metacontacts for contact list also would be nice but it's nothing critical.

So I urge you to consider these features for development, as also having a public bug tracker / not ignoring https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?group=linphone

May you be well and your code not crash.