[Linphone-users] Problem with Contacts on iOS

From: Atheist
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problem with Contacts on iOS
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:33:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hi there!

Can't get linphone launched on iPhone after latest update. The app is disappeared on launching (I can see the start page when turning to the list of running/closed tasks).
I've tried several times to delete linphone and then download it again. During first configuration (entering account credentials) the program may disappear when it wants (in 20-30 seconds after launching). Even if I manage to close linphone by myself next time it will be closed by accident after that it never starts.

I've realized there is a problem due to Contact list. I have several thousand contacts with non latin symbols in names.
After denying linphone to access Contacts it starts flawlessly.
I attach a short debug info that shows "ERROR Create AddressBook"

On my opinion
it is better not to use AddressBook / Contacts from device as is done in Linphone, Skype, Whatsup.
the way of Skype - standalone Address Book - is more appropriate.

Best regards,
Andrei