[Linphone-users] BUGREPORT

From: René Verschoor - BPC Nordics
Subject: [Linphone-users] BUGREPORT
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 12:24:04 +0100

Hi,

I would like to issue a bug report for Linphone windows phone edition. I have
set up a local DNS server so that I can use an internet domain to point to my
Freeswitch server (behind NAT). When on the LAN the DNS request resolves in a
local IP, when outside the LAN it gets the public adress.

For all other clients on the LAN this works great, but Linphone does not
resolve its server name to the local IP when in the LAN. From my logs it
appears that it does not even query the local DNS, it goes to the internet
domain and then it cannot connect as my modem/router does not support NAT
loopback. I even have Linphone on android and iOS and they have not problem
finding/using the DNS. When I enter the hostname in Internet explorer on my
windows phone when in the LAN, it resolves correctly to the local IP, so I have
no clue what happens. Is the Linphone app bypassing the local DNS? Could this
be changed?

Regards,

René Verschoor