[Linphone-users] How to setup Asterisk Server in Internet for Linphone

From: 曹贵林
Subject: [Linphone-users] How to setup Asterisk Server in Internet for Linphone
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 06:22:42 +0800

Hi buddies,
I have spent some weeks on Linphone usage and source code. I can make calls via the linphone.org accounts.

Now I wish to setup another SIP server/proxy, so that I can make calls with my own accounts. The server i choose is Asterisk-13. I have set up the Asterisk server in LAN and make calls between linphone clients in LAN, following steps from 'Set up Asterisk Server on Ubuntu VM in VirtualBox to test Linphone' (http://shallwelearn.com/blog/set-up-asterisk-to-test-linphone-part-2). It works. However, when I deploy the Asterisk server on a host on Internet (the public network), and make calls between linphone in different NAT, it fails!!!

Can someone give me some tips about how to set up the Asterisk server in a public network for linphone? Thanks in advance:)

Dennis Cao (曹贵林)