Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Web plugin for Firefox is built for specif

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Web plugin for Firefox is built for specific shared library version libpolarssl.so.0
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 12:48:45 +0200

At 20:09h, on Tuesday, June 02, 2015,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Web plugin for Firefox is
built for specific shared library version libpolarssl.so.0", you wrote -

 > Suggesting I was a Main Frame expert it stretching things a bit too far

Well compared to my knowledge of main frames, you are an expert!  ;+)

 > It is my understanding that Linphonerc is created during the first start

Yes, that is correct, which is why I explained that if you did not have one,
then when you fired up linphone it would not be able to register with Linphone
SIP,
which you indicated it does do, and thus contains a valid a username and
password
which are valid for Linphone SIP.

 > but I have never been able to find it, either in a terminal

Did you try the command that I advised in the previous message?

   ls is the standard Unix/Linux file and directory "listing" account.

And I made a mistake in my previous message.  I have an alias ll for
"ls -aFls" and so just use ll most of the time to see everything.

When I wrote in the previous message ls -l I was forgetting that you were
looking
for a "dot" file.  So you must use  ls -al.

     ls -al .linphonerc

Sorry about that, I should have known better.

The "a" means all files including "dot" hidden files and the l means long
listing.

 > or a File Manager like Dolphin, hidden or otherwise

Well in Dolphin or other file managers, if you specify show hidden files,
then it should be there.  Do you see any dot files in your ${HOME} directory
in Dolphin?