[Linphone-users] Question about jitter buffer

From: Sylvain Roulet
Subject: [Linphone-users] Question about jitter buffer
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:40:15 +0000

Hello,

We are using oRTP since several years, but we have some doubts about jitter buffer usage, I 'would like to ask 2 smalls questions:

1) What is a correct value in ms for jitter buffer ?

In our use case, RTP packets are 20ms long.  So at a first glance, I would say that only the multiples of 20 are useful (0, 20, 40) ?

Is 10ms value have any sense ?

2) Are there any changes in jitter buffer between ortp-0.18.0 / ortp-0.23.0 ?

We have some SIP servers using ortp-0.18.0 library configured with jitter buffer = 10ms (adaptive = off).

They have been upgraded to use ortp-0.23.0. Since that update we've noticed that some packets are lost during conversation.

Thanks a lot.

Sylvain