[Linphone-users] Speaker always muted on Android

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Linphone-users] Speaker always muted on Android
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 10:12:19 -0400

I've been using Linphone happily for many years on my GNU/Linux
machines, but when I recently tried to use it on an Android tablet
(running Android 4.0.3), I don't get any sound output on the speaker.

The UI clearly shows a speaker icon that's greyed out with a "slash
bar" across, indicating that the speaker is "turned off".  I guess the
slash bar explains why there's no sound output, and the greyed out
explains why pressing that icon doesn't toggle it.

Luckily I do get sound output when I connect headphones, but sometimes
I don't have headphones with me.

Any idea, what I might need to do to get the speaker unmuted?
I already tried to change the "audio profile", but it doesn't seem to
make any difference in this respect.

        Stefan