Re: [Linphone-users] Speaker always muted on Android

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Speaker always muted on Android
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 17:50:50 +0200

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've been using Linphone happily for many years on my GNU/Linux
> machines, but when I recently tried to use it on an Android tablet
> (running Android 4.0.3), I don't get any sound output on the speaker.
>
> The UI clearly shows a speaker icon that's greyed out with a "slash
> bar" across, indicating that the speaker is "turned off".  I guess the
> slash bar explains why there's no sound output, and the greyed out
> explains why pressing that icon doesn't toggle it.
>
> Luckily I do get sound output when I connect headphones, but sometimes
> I don't have headphones with me.

I'm wondering if you're simply experiencing a different manifestation
of the same problem reported with Android tablets & headphones:
Headset not available during video calls
https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg06083.html

and:
Linphone bypasses headphones on Galaxy Tab 2
https://www.mail-archive.com/linphone-users%40nongnu.org/msg06040.html

In my case, I can never get sound in the headphones: sound output
always passes through speaker, whether headphones are plugged in or
not.

What device are you using?

Liviu