[Linphone-users] There is no video in IOS app for 3rd party software, in

From: Francisco Xavier
Subject: [Linphone-users] There is no video in IOS app for 3rd party software, in iphone device
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:07:52 +0100

I have successfully installed Linphone on my Iphone 6 device, through this very helpful source (https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-iphone). The app is deployed in my device, I’ve configured it to use “ostel.co” voip server online, and works like a charm. I can place calls and send messages. I cannot, however, place video calls. There is no video, whether I start an audio call and initiate video feed, or if I start a video call from the start. It doesn’t work. I am using linphone on Iphone, and a 3rd party app in the desktop. If I use linphone also on the desktop, the video call gets established but with POOR quality (another problem to solve later on). I wan't to use linphone with 3rd party software, what needs to be done?

Can you please help me solve the issue? I’ve configured my liblinphone-sdk for non third party, as there is a chance for commercial licensing later on. Linphone sdk has the following configuration, and I am surprised video does not work at all:

-- Debug:
-- Including builder antlr3c
-- Including builder polarssl
-- Including builder cunit
-- Including builder bellesip
-- Including builder ortp
-- Including builder gsm
-- Including builder opus
-- Including builder speex
-- Including builder vpx
-- Including builder srtp
-- Including builder bzrtp
-- Including builder ms2
-- Including builder libilbcrfc3951
-- Including builder msilbc
-- Including builder mswebrtc
-- Including builder mssilk
-- Including builder linphone

-- Enabled Features:

  • Unit tests , Build unit tests programs for belle-sip, mediastreamer2 and linphone.
  • Documentation , Enable documentation generation with Doxygen.
  • SRTP , SRTP media encryption support.
  • ZRTP , ZRTP media encryption support.
  • DTLS , DTLS media encryption support.
  • GSM , GSM audio encoding/decoding support.
  • iLBC , iLBC audio encoding/decoding support.
  • ISAC , ISAC audio encoding/decoding support.
  • OPUS , OPUS audio encoding/decoding support.
  • Silk , Silk audio encoding/decoding support.
  • Speex , Speex audio encoding/decoding support.
  • Video , Ability to capture and display video.
  • VPX , VPX (VP8) video encoding/decoding support.

    -- Disabled features:

    • Tunnel , Secure tunnel for SIP/RTP (require license).
    • RTP MAP , Always include rtpmap in SDP.
    • GPL third parties , Usage of GPL third-party code (FFmpeg and x264).
    • Non free codecs , Allow inclusion of non-free codecs in the build.
    • AMR-NB , AMR narrow-band audio encoding/decoding support (require license).
    • AMR-WB , AMR wide-band audio encoding/decoding support (require license).
    • G.729 , G.729 audio encoding/decoding support (require license).
    • WASAPI , Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI) sound card support.
    • WebRTC AEC , WebRTC echo canceller support.
    • FFmpeg , Some video processing features via FFmpeg: JPEG encoding/decoding, video scaling, H264 decoding...
    • H263 , H263 video encoding/decoding support (require license).
    • H263+ , H263+ video encoding/decoding support (require license).
    • MPEG4 , MPEG4 video encoding/decoding support (require license).
    • OpenH264 , H.264 video encoding/decoding support with the openh264 library (require license).
    • X264 , H.264 video encoding support with the x264 library (require license).
    • V4L , V4L camera driver.
    • MKV , MKV playing and recording support.

The app store does not work with the 3rd party application as well. Here attached are the logs of the source code.
BTW: Jitsi was the 3rd party application used in the desktop.
Video Codecs: H.264, H.263-1998 / H.263+, (VP8 coming soon…)

Best,
Francisco Xavier