[Linphone-users] Windows Call Quality Window vs iPhones

From: Bob Dixon
Subject: [Linphone-users] Windows Call Quality Window vs iPhones
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 20:52:09 -0400

I am trying to call directly from Iphones running Linphone to a Windows PC
running Linphone, over a local wireless network.
If I use an Iphone 5 it works fine.  But if I use an Iphone 4 it does not
(Tried with 2 different Iphone 4's.) The wireless signals
are very strong. The Iphones and the PC and the wireless access point are
within a few feet of one another.

On the Windows PC, there is a small window just to the right of the
time-in-call window, which seems to be some kind of call
quality window.  With the Iphone 5, it is nearly full scale. But with the
Iphone 4's, it fluctuates between full and zero scale.
When it is low, the audio quality is bad and it is delayed as long as 5 seconds.

What exactly does that window mean?   Why is there a difference between the
different Iphones? How can I fix this
problem?

Thanks!

Bob