[Linphone-users] Command-line "--call" option not working

From: McEnroe, Michael
Subject: [Linphone-users] Command-line "--call" option not working
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 12:30:23 -0600

It seems that the "--call" command line option is not working on Linphone versions 3.8.0 and later.  It only works when initially launching Linphone, but does nothing on a working instance.

We use callto links in our company's customer management system.  When a rep in our call center clicks the link, it uses a wrapper script to tell Linphone to call the number via the --call option.  In version 3.6.1 on Fedora 20, this option worked normally.  We upgraded to CentOS 7 and Linphone 3.8 for its new features, and found that this no longer works.  This appears to be the case up to 3.9.1.

Is this something that needs to be fixed, or is there some alternate method of telling Linphone to dial a number now?