[Linphone-users] Bug report: MacOS X Bluetooth Headset not appearing as

From: box12
Subject: [Linphone-users] Bug report: MacOS X Bluetooth Headset not appearing as playback device in preferences
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 07:46:44 +0900

Hi!

I am using Linphone 3.9.1 on Mac OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.1 (15B42)

I have a "Plantronics Voyager" bluetooth headset wirh latest firmware, which is
successfully paired and connected to my Mac. It woks fine e.g. with Skype and
shows up in system preferences as "audio-in" device as well as as "audio
playback" device.

It used to work fine with Linphone also, but since I upgraded both Linphone
from 3.8 to 3.9.1 as well as MacOS from 10.11 to 10.11.1, I am experiencing
strange behavoir:

The bluetooth headset is still successfully paired and connected to my Mac.
It still woks fine e.g. with Skype and shows up in system preferences as
"audio-in" device as well as as "audio playback" device.

With Linphone 3.9.1 however, in "Preferences" under "Multimedia settings" I see
the headset only appearing as a "Capture Device", and there is's selectable and
works as expected.
However, under "Playback device" if does NOT show up in the menu, so as
playback device the only choice is to use the Mac's internal speaker "Built-in
Output" which is certainly not my desire.
Even if i select the bluetooth device as standard sound output in MacOS system
preferences, this is not respected by Linphone 3.9.1 and it is still playing on
the Mac's internal speaker.

Has anyone else experienced similar behavior with bluetooth audio devices?
Any idea what could be the cause and how I can make the bluetooth headset
re-appear as playback device?

Best regards,
Vento.