[Linphone-users] linphone segfault when released without prior terminate

From: Christian Spielberger
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone segfault when released without prior terminate
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:35:07 +0100

Hi,

in some situations (e.g. io errors, SIP errors) call_released is called without
prior call_terminated. These leads to a segfault, later when
linphone_core_iterate
is called, because the call object is freed but not removed from the calls list.

In my case (some kind of SIP error, which should not be discussed here) in
sal_op_call.c function process_dialog_terminated calls call_set_released without
prior p->base.root->callbacks.call_terminated, because it does not run into the
BELLE_SIP_DIALOG_CONFIRMED case. Instead we have BELLE_SIP_DIALOG_EARLY. The
call
state changes from LinphoneCallOutgoingEarlyMedia directly to
LinphoneCallReleased.

There might be also some cases of call_set_released without prior termination in
function call_process_response. Maybe they also lead to a segfault.

I have linphone 3.9.1 with belle-sip 1.4.2.

Regards,
Christian Spielberger.