[Linphone-users] Bogus calls from address@hidden -- solution.

From: Pierre Fortin
Subject: [Linphone-users] Bogus calls from address@hidden -- solution.
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:01:03 -0500

Hi,

Just installed Linphone 3.8.1-8-ga900f64 on Mageia 5 laptop and the
Android app on Samsung S4 phone.  Everything setup relatively easily.

This evening, I started getting bogus incoming calls every 10-20 minutes
from address@hidden where it turns out the source IP address is forged as
my publicly visible IP.  The calls are not originating from here.

Tracked it down to this site (using wireshark):
   firewall.inithosting.com  23.239.66.123
then blocked the offender by adding the following firewall rule in my
DD-WRT router:

   iptables -I FORWARD -s 23.239.66.123 -j DROP

If your offender is not this IP address, you can find him/her with
wireshark. Look for the incoming call (INVITE) and confirm the source IP
address is the offender by examining the packet contents where you should
see the "From" address as "address@hidden".

HTH,
Pierre

PS Test call with my daughter in Canada had excellent quality.
   Very impressive!  Great work! Thanks!!