Re: [Linphone-users] VP9 codec

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] VP9 codec
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 17:56:43 +0100

At 01:51h, on Wednesday, March 02, 2016,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "[Linphone-users] VP9 codec",
Nabeel declared -

 > The linphone source has included the code for both VP8 and VP9 codecs.

It does?  Which tar archive contains the VP9 codec?

VP8 and VP9 codecs come from libvpx which is not distributed by linphone
but by the WebM Project.

       <http://www.webmproject.org/>

and in particular

       <http://downloads.webmproject.org/releases/webm/index.html>

The only reference I can find to VP9 in the linphone sources is for building
linphone on MacOSX which requires compiling libvpx WITHOUT VP9 support by using
the command line parameter to configure

               –disable-vp9

Maybe I have not been paying enough attention, but last I read

QUOTE