[Linphone-users] Android version no longer usable with a screen reader

From: Kyle
Subject: [Linphone-users] Android version no longer usable with a screen reader
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 14:24:02 -0500

I just received the Linphone update on my Android phone via the F-droid repository. The version is shown as 3.0.0. It seems there has been a redesign of the interface, but the new icons are not spoken by my screen reader, as they appear to no longer have content descriptions. The only icon with a content description that I can find now is the icon that puts a call on hold, the pause button. In order to make the Android version of Linphone usable with screen readers, all buttons need to have content descriptions so that the screen reader knows what they are. These descriptions don't need to be shown as on-screen text, as they are only used by the screen reader to know what a button should do so that it can speak it properly. Thanks for any help with this issue.

Sent from my organization