Re: [Linphone-users] Welcome to the "Linphone-users" mailing list

From: Daniel Gnoutcheff
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 22:44:58 -0400

Hello Mr. Lackmann,

discussions of Linphone, a VoIP telephony application that is distinct
from and unaffiliated with RedPhone.  Questions about RedPhone should
probably be directed towards Open Whisper Systems, its publisher.

However, if I understand correctly, RedPhone has been discontinued; it
has been replaced by "Signal", also published by Open Whisper Systems.

See also:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Whisper_Systems
  https://whispersystems.org/

Finally, I should warn you that the message you quoted contains your
mailing list subscription password.  Since this mailing list is publicly
archived, you may want to change that password now.

https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/options/linphone-users/gmlackmann%40t-online.de

In general, you should only hit "reply" if you want to respond to a
question or comment in a message.  An automatically-generated
confirmation message (such as the one you quoted) usually shouldn't be
replied to.

Hope that helps!

Have a good one,
Daniel Gnoutcheff