Re: [Linphone-users] Announce linphone-desktop 3.10 new release

From: Matej Kovacic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Announce linphone-desktop 3.10 new release
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:34:29 +0200

>   * already compiled http://www.linphone.org/downloads-for-desktop.html

Just a couple of suggestions:

- I believe it would be useful to add info about Ubuntu's PPA. Also, it
is important to mention that "sudo apt-get install linphone" installs
very old version (as far as I remember 3.6) of Linphone.

- I would be great if Linphone developers would communicate new versions
with package maintainers of main Linux distros, and to motivate them to
provide the lattest version in their repositories as quick as possible.

- "What’s New" section needs to be updated.

P. S. I have found GUI design of a Linphone quite non-optimal. If
someone is interested, I can try to prepare some suggestions for GUI
improvement and maybe some small design changes making user experrience
better.

However, thanks for a great work!

Regards,

Matej

--
PGP Fingerprint: 3B74 637D 8409 53F9 A704  F27C BEA5 286D A9CF 4A88
PGP Key: