Re: [Linphone-users] My account calling itself?

From: Francesco Montanari
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] My account calling itself?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 18:28:15 +0300

Thanks for the information. The random option was already selected (I tried to close and open the app and the phone few times). However, after selecting a port by hand, I didn't receive other calls. I guess I will try to change it again or select back the random port if the calls will start again.

Thanks,
Francesco

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Pierre Fortin <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 12:32:28 +0300 Francesco Montanari wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have linphone active on my android with my @sip.linphone.org account.
>Yesterday and today I kept receiving calls every few minutes from these
>addresses:
>* address@hidden,
>* address@hidden,
>where [ip] is my IP address.
>
>Answering there is no voice/signal. Calling it back, it results as an
>incoming call. I had to turn off the application. Turning it on again, I
>still receive those calls.
>
>Naively it looks like for some reason my account is calling itself. Is this
>possible, and how to prevent it? If not, is it possible to block the
>contacts?
>
>I am using linphone on my android since few months. I never had the issue
>before.
>
>Details:
>Linphone Android 3.1.0-fdroid
>Linphone Core 3.9.1-783-gd0a4a30
>
>Connection: eduroam at university
>
>Thanks,
>Francesco

Google for "sipvicious" (automated program that attempts to find
destinations that are not secure in order to make calls) for more
information.

Options->Network settings:
  Check "Random" for both SIP/UDP & SIP/TCP

Restart Linphone to remove fixed ports & use random ports.

I haven't seen a single "ghost" call in many months since setting these.

Pierre