Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.10 and Ubuntu Linux and Debian Linux

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.10 and Ubuntu Linux and Debian Linux
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 16:47:57 +0200

At 14:58h, on Thursday, September 08, 2016,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.10 and Ubuntu Linux and
Debian Linux",
Matt Busby asked -

 > Okay; given that Ubuntu 16.10 is expected to be released next month,
 > what about inclusion of Linphone 3.10.x in that release?

As I explained non LTS versions of Ubuntu are based mainly on Debian sid.

What version of Linphone and all of its associated libraries are currently
in Debian sid?

And remember the answer to your question can only be answered by the
Ubuntu distribution maintainer of the linphone package, to whom your
question should be directed.

According to Launchpad page for Linphone at

        <https://launchpad.net/linphone>

the projected version for 16.10 (yakkety yak)

        linphone source package in Yakkety
        Version 3.6.1-2.6 uploaded on 2016-05-28

Have you contacted the Ubuntu Linphone team whose members are listed at

        <https://launchpad.net/~linphone>

for further clarification?

I would suggest with with one month to go to release, there will
be ABSOLUTELY ZERO possibility of updating to a newer version than that
mentioned above.

Please see the timetable for the steps and critical dates in the release
schedule at

           <https://wiki.ubuntu.COM/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule>

If you were not happy with the version being considered for inclusion in 16.10,
you should have been talking to the Linphone packaging team before May 26th.

Now is the time to get them to consider newer versions for 17.04 ...