Re: [Linphone-users] Do Not Disturb

From: Sandrine
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Do Not Disturb
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:50:33 +0200

Hello,

Those are indeed valid points.
This is not a final decision, yet the feature delivery may take a bit of time
depending on our current workload.

Kind regards,

Sandrine Avakian
Software Engineer

Le 22 sept. 2016 à 00:48, Anthony Papillion <address@hidden> a écrit :

On 9/21/2016 4:35 PM, John Perry wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I've been doing some checking with other communications programs about
their "Do Not Disturb" feature. I see that Skype in it's "Do Not
Disturb" mode send callers to VM. I see in Phoner-Lite that the "Do Not
Disturb" mode sends callers to VM. I see Google Hangouts and Google
Voice both send callers to VM when you don't want to be called and would
prefer VM. Why has Linphone broken such a necessary feature?

I see it this way:

<snip>

Good points. In its current form, DnD expects that people on your
contact list respect your status (just like a DnD sign on a door expects
others to respect it). That's fine when others can see your status is in
DnD and make that choice. But what about situations where you have a DID
attached to your SIP account? Someone calling that number has no way to
know you're in DnD and, thus, can't make the decision to respect your
status or not.

Overall, the more I think about it, the less I like this decision. Is it
a final decision by the devs with no recourse?

Thanks,
Anthony