Re: [Linphone-users] Cannot call, send msgs

From: accounts-linphone
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Cannot call, send msgs
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 17:42:33 +0100

After changing to UDP, after awhile it worked, without me having to make further changes, even though I'm still using a private ip address.

But I still cannot use TCP or TLS (same response, "maybe port is in use," doesn't matter which port I pick). I am also not sure how to set random source ports - do you mean just set to "0" in ~/.linphonerc ? Anyway, it selects UDP by default, when it's set up like this, it seems?

---

[sip]
media_encryption=none
default_proxy=0
guess_hostname=1
contact=<sip:address@hidden>
inc_timeout=30
in_call_timeout=0
delayed_timeout=4
use_ipv6=0
register_only_when_network_is_up=1
register_only_when_upnp_is_ok=1
sip_port=0
sip_tcp_port=0
sip_tls_port=0

---

And please, what is SIP ALG?

Here is the log for my last successful attempt:

It seems, though, to complain about registration failures a couple of times. Is this normal?

Is there documentation available for configuring linphone that can be recommended? And maybe a not-so-hardcore intro to the SIP protocol aswell? :)